Eyedropper Issue

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eyedropper Issue

I just got a new laptop and it has Windows 10. The eye dropper tool no longer works. It always color matches to the wrong color. Mostly it chooses grey no matter what color Iím choosing. Sometimes it will Boise tiger things like it color matched a bright green to brown but whatever it chooses, it is always the wrong color. ¬*Is this a known issue with Windows 10? ¬*Anyone know how to fix it? This issue is enough to make me give up my beloved Scrapbook Max. Help!¬*

Hello!

Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling Scrapbook MAX!? Does that resolve the issue or do you still have the same problem?

Thanks!
    Karin
    Last edited by Karin; 11-15-2018, 07:44 AM.

Comment

Yes and no, it didnít work. Anyone else have it installed on a Windows 10 PC and it work fine?¬*

Comment

I just tried uninstalling it and installing a trial off the website and I still have the same issues with the eye dropper.¬*

Comment

Thank you for letting us know! This isn't an issue we've personally seen with Windows 10, and I'm only aware of one other Scrapbook MAX! user noting the problem. It may possibly have something to do with your monitor and the way the settings are configured. However, it's something I'm going to have our technical support team look into to see if this could be a cause, and in order to suggest what you might be able to do about it. (Our offices are closed today, so it may take a few days for me to get you a response -- thanks in advance for your patience!)

In the meantime, can you tell me what kind of monitor you have? Is it a high definition monitor? If you prefer to email me information, you can send me a message using our contact form here: https://forums.scrapbookmax.com/contact-us

Thanks!
          Last edited by Karin; 11-18-2018, 11:19 AM.

Comment

Hello again!

Our developers took a look at this issue since you posted and have offered the following workaround:

We were able to recreate the problem with the eye dropper - it seems to occur on certain Windows 10 computers that have high definition monitors.

You can try switching your monitor's DPI scaling to 100%, then the eye dropper should work perfectly. The only potential downside is that depending on your screen resolution, the GUI (toolbar icons, etc.) will be very small, as will the rest of Windows (i.e., it might make it hard to read things.) But you can switch the DPI scaling back when you're not using Scrapbook MAX!, or if you don't intend to use the eye dropper while making your pages.

If you want more information about DPI settings, you can take a look at this page:

https://www.windowscentral.com/how-c...il-2018-update

Other than this issue with the eye dropper on certain high definition monitors, Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 continues to work great on Windows 10.

Hope that helps - let me know if you have any questions!

Karin
            Last edited by Karin; 11-21-2018, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X