Help with Page Borders

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Page Borders

I have just recently purchased some page borders like the image I have attached. My question is this.....How do I change the color from black to say green or purple?
    I have never bought or used these before and there are a lot of things I still don't know how to do in digital scrapbooking.

Thank you so much for your help.
    Janice

I haven't had to come here and ask for help in a while and so I am wondering if help from the more experienced people is still available??

Comment

Hello Janice!

Have you tried adding these images to your Shapes folder (My Documents > Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 > Gallery > Images > Shapes) then, when you're creating your pages, adding one of the borders as a 'custom shape' shape to a paper scrap in the desired color? If that works, you can then further tweak the color on the the paper scrap's Properties box (on the Advanced tab.).

Let us know if that helps!

Karin

Comment

This worked out perfectly!!!!!
        I had no idea that I would need to do it this way.
        Thank you so much for your help!!!

Janice

Comment

Ok, I just discovered another problem.
          How am I able to crop this?
          Since it is a border it does not fit properly onto my page. If I enlarge it like you do with other things it will stretch it off of my page.
          When I try to crop it, it sees it as paper and not a border so it won't let me cut off the bottom of the border. I am sure there is a way to do this but I can't figure it out.

Janice

Comment

Hi Janice!

It's a bit tricky to say without seeing exactly what you're trying to achieve, but I'll try. (Perhaps someone with more experience working with borders will chime in, too!)

Are you bringing in the border as an embellishment, photo, or paper scrap? What are the dimensions or shape of the border? What size/dimension page are you working with? Are you trying to keep the border around the whole perimeter of the page, or just show some of it - if so where? That might help me to offer some tips. In fact - if you can include screenshots, even of what is not working, that might help too!

Karin

Comment

Hi Karen,

I am bringing the border in on a paper scrap so that I can get the color I am after. But, then I choose the "custom shape" option and go into my shapes folder to choose the border that I want. Normally, I can go in and crop what ever I need and then I can fit it together but in this case when I choose to "crop" it shows my image as the paper scrap and not the border that I am trying to crop. It moves the paper up and down but not the actual border. My page is 8.5x11. I want the border to be the whole perimeter of the page. I have attached an example of the page with the border on it. I would like for the size of the border flowers to be smaller and not so large. But as I try to fit it to the page, of course the flowers increase in size.

I hope, I am helping you to understand what I am trying to do. I'm not great at this so I apologize if I am not clear.
              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
              X