SBM keeps crashing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SBM keeps crashing

My SBM keeps crashing on me. Sometimes I can't even save what I'm working on. I keep getting an error message telling me to close the program. I've had SBM for several years and like it. I realize things need upgraded after awhile but I can not afford to buy a newer version at this time.. Is there anything I can do to save my program or keep it from crashing. I am using the 2.0 version by the way.
    Last edited by daisydilly; 01-05-2021, 01:35 PM.

Hello!

Can you please tell me what steps you're taking when the problem happens? What is the exact error message that you see on screen?

Have you tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the program?

- Karin

Comment

The message I get says SBM has encountered a serious problem---will have to copy it next time I use the program. I usually have to bring up task master to close program otherwise it freezes my entire computer. I've had to un install the program before and have lost all my files. I'm not 100% computer literate so maybe I didn't have the files properly saved. This mess started awhile back but it just keeps getting worse. I figure it has something to do with past updates.

Comment

Have you made any changes to your computer recently (for instance, any upgrades?). Perhaps something new is interfering with the proper functioning of the program.

I would first recommend that you uninstall and then reinstall Scrapbook MAX! 2.0 to see if that resolves the issue.

Doing this should not affect your saved projects, but it's always a good idea to make sure that you have a back up of your work, especially before making changes on your computer. By default, projects, published files, etc. are saved to My Documents > Scrapbook MAX! 2.0. Before uninstalling/reinstalling, you can make a copy of this folder to an external source so that you have a back up for safekeeping.

Hope that helps - let me know if you have any other questions!

Karin

Comment

Working...
        X