Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Slow processing in software

Hello,
    Scrapbookmax seems to be very slow for me these days. Maybe someone has some idea as to how I can improve the performance. It is slow when I click from one page to another in the same project. It takes up to a minute or two to switch over - sometimes 3-4 minutes. Also it is very slow in publishing the files.

I cleaned up the templates - moving most to subdirectories. So starting up the software seems to help some. But still is slow... I do not have this problem with other software on the machine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

THanks for looking at the thread.

vnginger

sigpic

Hello,

Have you updated to the latest version yet? There were some fixes / performance enhancements which may solve this issue for you.

http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...3759#post33759

Desmond.
    |

Comment

I am not sure if I have done that. I'll check & let you know if it helps.

THanks for your reply.

sigpic

Comment

I applied the fix. I noticed it was quicker to bring up the software.

However the project I am working on is still slow. I have about 10 pages in the project. Maybe I should brake the project down to only 5 pages each????

Any other suggestions?

sigpic

Comment

No -- that's the only immediate thing I can think of.

What are your system specs? (RAM, CPU, etc.) Scrapbook MAX! will be slower to respond than some other imaging software because of the quality (size) of images that it works with, but it shouldn't be TOO slow ...

Reducing your page count may help, as less pages should = less memory used -- let me know how that works for you here.

Thanks!
          Desmond.
          |

Comment

Working...
          X