• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error Generating File Map

Tonight I was exporting a template and received these error messages:
    Error Generating File Map & then Failed to Export Project

Max can you help me???

Hello,

I received an email from you, but if it's alright with you i'd rather keep this discussion in this forum, so other users can find it if they experience the same problems.

There are two things that I can think of off the top of my head:
    1. It's a permission issue (are you operating as a restricted user? Do you have admin rights? etc.)
    2. It's something wacky with your project. If you create a new project, add a few things, and then export it, do you receive the same error?

If you're an admin, and this happens with all your projects, you may have corrupted files -- an uninstall / reinstall fixes all these types of error 99% of the time.

Please feel free to post back here, and we'll go from there.

Thanks!
    Desmond.
    |

Comment

Well the administrator thing is not the issue because I am the administrator. I would tend to agree that it might be something with the project. I have trouble when I select a template to bring into a project. Every now and then when I select one and hit ok the program hangs----then I have to bring up the task manager and end the task. This takes the project down without saving. Do you know why it does this??
      This has happened with last months January Challenge (the templates everyone created) and it happened again last night with one of the new templates from the February challenge. The January challenge album is the one I'm having trouble exporting.
      Last edited by spanielmom; 02-02-2007, 11:33 AM. Reason: Added more info.

Comment

I don't know why this happens -- no.

Are you running the most current version of the software? (v1.0.6.0). If not, the first thing I'd like you to do is install that.

A few questions about your comptuer:
        • What operating system are you running?
        • How much free space do you have on the drive that SBMAX is installed on?
        • How much RAM?
        • What processor speed?

And lastly, did you do anything 'wonky' when you installed (Eg. installing to a non-standard location)?

Thanks!
        Desmond.
        |

Comment

For Spanielmom

Here is a solution for you! (just kidding)
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Marion View Post
            Marion you are a riot. My background (from college and before kids) was computers, so they don't scare me---but there are those days when your solution would be great. I can remember my boss in the computer room saying when all he_ _ was breaking loose say "And I've seen a day like this take a turn for the worse" we all just wanted to kick him.

Comment

Originally posted by Desmond View Post
              I don't know why this happens -- no.

Are you running the most current version of the software? (v1.0.6.0). If not, the first thing I'd like you to do is install that.

A few questions about your comptuer:
              • What operating system are you running?
              • How much free space do you have on the drive that SBMAX is installed on?
              • How much RAM?
              • What processor speed?

And lastly, did you do anything 'wonky' when you installed (Eg. installing to a non-standard location)?

Thanks!
              Desmond.
              OK here is the answers to all your questions (I Hope)

Windows XP
              Media Center Edition
              Version 2002
              Service Pack 2

Dell Dimension DV051
              Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.80 GHz
              2.79 GHz, 0.99 GB of RAM

27.5 GB of free space on the drive where Max is installed (along with all the other files)

When I installed it, I installed it where ever the install said to put it. I had the trial version installed first but I uninstalled it before I installed the one I got in the mail. However, in typing this I just remembered that after I installed it, my daughter loved it and she wanted it on her signon (cause mine is password protected) So I installed it on her signon also.
              Last edited by spanielmom; 02-02-2007, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Hello,

Allowing your daughter to use it as well shouldn't present a problem -- however, for future reference, you can just create a shortcut to this file:

c:\Program Files\Scrapbook MAX!\Scrapbook MAX!.exe

And actually, the new version (1.0.6.0) has an option during the install to create shortcuts for 'all users', instead of just the current user.

I've sent fresh download instructions to your email address -- please completely uninstall Scrapbook MAX! (All installs), and then download and install from the download instructions. That'll give you the most current version. If the problem persists, post back here, and we'll figure out something.

Desmond.
                |

Comment

thank you for trying to figure this out with me. I have to leave for a while to run kids to various fuctions-----I'm not able to do the latter until this evening. If I have any more problems I will repost here and catch up with you Monday. Thanks.

Comment

You're welcome. Post back here whenever you like!

Desmond.
                    |

Comment

Hihaaaaaaaaaaaa

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                      OHHHHHHH!!!!!!!GOD, Marion you kills me to laugh, hahahahaha, this smile was otimo, hahahaha

Comment

I just had Max hang on me while trying to add Autisticwonder's newest Feb. Challenge template to my scrapbook. I had the error report sent to Microsoft----do they forward stuff like that to you?

Comment

Marion, thats a good idea, a gun instead of chucking it at the wall
                          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

Ok Desmond--I have uninstalled---reinstalled and the very first thing I did was try to export the template. Guess what ERROR Generating File Map then Failed to Export Project. I'm trying to export all the pages from the January Challenge that everyone created. There are 47 pages in the album in all. So what do you think now?

Comment

Hello,

Are you using the most current version? (You can double-check by choosing Help > About, that will list your version number)

Desmond.
                              |

Comment

Working...
                              X