Program slow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Program slow?

I just downloaded the trial version. The program is soooooo slow. Is it slow for everyone else? I have a new computer with plenty of memory and space so I can't figure out why it would be so slow. I don't know if I can handle this. Any suggestions?
    Cindy

Hello,

You're going to have to define "slow" ...

A few things that could affect Scrapbook MAX!'s performance:
    1) Virus scanner checking each file sbmax tries to access (when sbmax browses for files, loads, etc ... it's accessing a lot of files ... and when you select / modify / etc. an image, sbmax is accessing that file (or it's copy of that file)).

2) Adware scanner doing the same as #1

3) Adware running in the background (if another program, perhaps a bad program, is using a lot of your system resources, Scrapbook MAX! may run slow)

4) Not enough free space -- if you don't have enough free harddrive space, or are low on RAM (Either physically, or just available ram / HDD space -- see #3), sbmax performance may be affected.

You could also try defragmenting your disk drive -- i doubt that'd be the problem, but it never hurts.

Desmond.
    |

Comment

In answer to your question from a nontechnical person's point of view...it's relatively fast--as fast as other digital software I've tried in this price range and for this market (first time digital users).

I hope you get it worked out! The community for first time users is a must have.
      sigpic

Comment

Cindy, if you are going to run everything at 300dpi (as you mentioned in your previous post) It would create huge files which would certainly slow it down. I do everything at 200 dpi and have no problem with speed.
        Also maybe Desmond can answer this... Is the trial version current or is it an older version?? That could explain some of the speed issues. The current versions are blazing fast compared to the original versions.

Marion

Comment

well said Marion----I was thinking the same thing! I agree with everything Marion said.

Comment

I was using the trial version. Since then I have purchased the program. It does seem to be a little faster and I also think that Norton was slowing it down also as mentioned earlier. I was under the impression (and also from the place I get mine printed..WHCC) that for good printing it needed to be set at 300dpi. I have never had problems with my computer being slow and I have tons of stuff saved. Regardless, I will work through it as I am enjoying it.
            Thanks for your support
            Cindy

Comment

i print at 200dpi when using SBM as i find the quality is fantastic

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
              , Check out my store
              Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

You get yours printed professionally and they come back looking fine? Who do you use? Maybe I should try them.
                Cindy

Comment

Originally posted by Marion View Post
                  Also maybe Desmond can answer this... Is the trial version current or is it an older version?? That could explain some of the speed issues. The current versions are blazing fast compared to the original versions.
                  Whenever we update the commercial version, we create a new trial. So if one downloaded from that point forward, they'd get the new version -- but to the best of my knowledge, there's no way to update to the latest release in the trial.

You could always uninstall / reinstall with a new trial download i suppose ...

Desmond.
                  |

Comment

Working...
                  X