Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is a girl to do?

I don't understand it!!!!

I went to my doctor last week and asked him to remove a tooth that was driving me crazy. He refused to do it, the nerd!!!

Then, I went to my dentist and asked him to take my tonsils out... He categorically refused to do so. Creep!

I then called my cleaners and asked him to fix my car, which is leaking oil! He laughed at me. Jerk!

By now I needed some nourishment, so I went to a shoe store... They kicked me out unceremoniously! Perverse people.

In desperation, I drove by the local fire department, and asked them to come over and mow my lawn. They called the white coats on the spot.

And last but not least, I begged and begged Desmond to start a section in this forum to teach us about Photoshop, Paint Shop Pro, The Gimp, Quick Books, Roxio Movie Maker, and 20 other programs. I'm still waiting to hear from him. The neenee will probably tell me that there are forums that support each of those particular programs. They don't teach about SBM, SBM does not teach those programs. The unmitigated ingrate!!!!!!!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

granny i just knew id find a home for my fav aniamation.....its yours now until you find a worthier person

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

Thanks, I needed that!

Insanity is hereditary.... You get it from this forum!!!

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Comment

OHH!! Granny

Ohh!! PORR Granny, of for happy ok, here and very worse, e very difficult you to find good professionals in any area, I do not know what it happens with the human being, seems that they live in the world of the moon, OH! God, we must have a patience!! Granny kisses it was with homesicknesses of speaking with you.

Comment

LOL LOL LOL.....
          Originally posted by angelwithin View Post
          granny i just knew id find a home for my fav aniamation.....its yours now until you find a worthier person

Comment

You have an FUNNY, unstressful way of presenting your point GRANNY!!! ANd if THAT were ALL their was to our requests for posting tutorials..I would say..case closed. But, as it stands, when one of us..LITTLE PEOPLE...has something to teach each other about the program...EXAMPLE: How to MAKE our OWN SHAPES in SCRAPBOOK MAX..(not PSP, PS, or xyz) Then we should be able to post appropriately in TIPS, TRICKS and FAQ..but when I went to post there..it wouldn't let me..so I got posted under embellishments. And of course..now it's pages deep and new folks come and ask the same questions on shapes..someone else trys another almost identical posting of the same thing..WHY? Because there is limited tutorials allowed in FAQ..only for MAXIES. So do we need to submit our ideas to them first and give them a chance to post the thread for us??? Inquiring MINDS would like to know..BUt DESMOND has not responded to our request..nor Karin....
            SIMPLE solution..Start a THREAD that READS...ALL ABOUT SHAPES in SBM, another one for ALL ABOUT MAKING your own PAPERS in SBM, ALL ABOUT Photo editing in SBM (something similiar exists already), ALL ABOUT SIZING..(similiar one exists), ALL ABOUT making your own embellishments in SBM..
            and then at least we can go park our tutorials there..and for those that want more programs involved..well, that is still open for discussion...they can recommend their favorite sites at least..
            Please, lets not over look the obvious...SBM disappointed me with lack of better tutorials when I first purchased it..The pdf didn't work and I got frustrated..so I came here and got the info I needed and eventually fixed the problems with learning the basics..Forget the ADVANCED stuff..not here..JUST BASICS.. THe others shared ideas are giving me a better education..I've outgrown the basics.
            The designers..not including Fiona, are scared, Maxies are worried that the store would not prosper if we do all our own stuff.. Convenience is the American lifestyle. Designers are not just designers with fancy programs they've mastered..Designers have TALENT to make things we LOVE..WE will always have need for the shop. I'm impressed when the Designers are paying attention and jump on the wagon to see what's the trend here and join in..Julie and Angel made SHAPES...when we started gaining an interest for them..BRAVO..I bought them!!! I can make them..But they saved me TIME...ANyone have any extra??? The prices are very reasonable..
            How hard is it to allow us some threads to post our tuts??????

Comment

Hey Granny take two medamusil tablets every morning for the next 6 weeks, Then we can try this again! Until then but a bag over your head and sing "All I want for Chrstmas is my Two Front Teeth"

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

Originally posted by crops2dawn View Post
                Hey Granny take two medamusil tablets every morning for the next 6 weeks, Then we can try this again! Until then but a bag over your head and sing "All I want for Chrstmas is my Two Front Teeth"
                Oh My Gosh!!!! Leave it to you crops..hehehehehehehehehehe
                My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

Carol!! OXE!!!

Originally posted by crops2dawn View Post
                  OH!! My God! Where is that the Carol obtains to find as many things funny, hahahahaahaha, you is my amusement Carol, i love you

kissseeeessssssssssssss

Comment

Donna...

Thank you for sharing those thoughts, and I agree with most of them. IF you would do a search, you would see that I've been using Max almost from the time it came on line, and I'm one of the very first people that asked for a tutorial forum, for the same reasons you have suggested. This was way before there was a store, or I had any dreams of being a designer. There is one of my tutorials on the FAQ, but I had to ask repeatedly to get it there. I submitted it and finally it got aproved. I have also asked mentioned about doing more tutorials on the basics of the program, but no one paid me much attention. So, yes, I think a section for tutorials about Max would be awesome.

I have also posted links, shapes, freebies, and more. I have asked for suggestions on what you would like to see on the store, and made a very generous offer for a slide viewer.

I don't think any of the designers are afraid of sharing their work or their knowledge. I do think it is a little unfair to expect them to give every thing they make and every thing they know away for free. Some people have other careers that allow them to make a living, and scrapbooking is their hobby, so they can afford to play around and give their stuff away. I think that's awesome. I don't have that luxury. And if have not shared more lately is because as you know, there has been a lot of tragedies in my life lately. The last two was loosing my father six weeks ago and my uncle three days ago. It's hard to get much done when life keeps kicking you in the butt.

But I do try to give praise whenenver I can and to welcome the newbies and even give some help. So please bear with me, frog, and who knows, I may surprise you yet.

LOL.

Crops.... Love never fails!!!! You're still on the top of my list of favorite people. I like you kid!

Last edited by Granny; 02-17-2007, 09:08 PM.
                    sigpic

Comment

i have an idea.

i have a scrapbookmax blog that i'm not really using right now but it's already set up.

If you're a designer or someone who has knowledge o share, let's add tutorials there.

whaddayathink??

Please visit my SBM store!

Comment

A great idea Julie! I would certainly go there if those that are kind enough to write 'The Numpty's Guide To Scrapping' are in agreeance. I'll be banging on the door
                        My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

Oh and thank you for the kind offer
                          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

Hey, Julie, your suggestion is very generous!! Let me know how we can manage this and take care of the problem of letting others know about it for posting tutorials and favorite sites for other programs tuts.

Sounds like Granny had the same problems with getting attention to post tutorials before and had to do alot of requesting to get tuts posted. THAT IS SAD!

We shouldn't have to fight so hard to get attention to this problem. As the Scrapbook Max community grows we will be developing more talent and more designers no doubt. But that is controlled by the MAXIES who they choose for designers. Designers can sell tutorials...I'd be first in line for PSP X..not many out there for that yet. Lots of older version tuts.

THANKS BUNCHES GRANNY and JULIE for the help! Let's roll it out!!!

Comment

Oh for curled paper in max or frames that ate old and curled. All my friends can do them. but i stick with max as i love it so. and pray for a better piece of paper.
                              i need new things to keep me happy.
                              even when i try adobe it is such a warped up program it will put you in a striate jacket fast. I'm with you but just a little new would not hurt.I love new.
                              Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

Working...
                              X