Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage

I download things and the storage is a problem. Can anyone explain how to remove the things that are downloaded into SBM and how you change it so that they can be stored in folders that I can keep in my external hard drive. I would like to keep SBM itself clear apart from the content that comes pre installed.
    Please could it be explained in step by step Scrapbook for Dummies language.
    My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

hi eng

i move mine manually just go via

for moving and storing embies go

C > programme files > Scrapbookmax > Embellishments i open a new file and drop all the ones i want to move into that and then open my E drive (external drive - yours might have a diff name) and drop the file in there, i do the same for papers etc

for moving templates go

my docs > templates ....same as above just open a new file drop them into that then into the E drive i also go into published files and do the same from there

hope that makes sense ....i havent finished my first coffee yet...brain cells aren't quite awake

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
    , Check out my store
    Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

Originally posted by angelwithin View Post
      hi eng

C > programme files > Scrapbookmax > Embellishments i open a new file and drop all the ones i want to move into that and then open my E drive (external drive - yours might have a diff name) and drop the file in there, i do the same for papers etc

for moving templates go

my docs > templates ....same as above just open a new file drop them into that then into the E drive i also go into published files and do the same from there

hope that makes sense ....i havent finished my first coffee yet...brain cells aren't quite awake
      Do you just drag them from SBM? I will have a go, thank you very much Fiona x
      My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

yup i just drag and drop i find it works

.....but if you want to bring the templates back in to use again i find its best to import them back in as they work better that way

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
        , Check out my store
        Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

Originally posted by angelwithin View Post
          hi eng

for moving templates go

YEP Fiona ~~ that's what I do but I save them in a folde wihin 'my docs' and make sure I back this up at least once a fortnight.
          Can you imagine losing them all

Comment

No, nothing will drag from SBM. I've tried cutting, copying and dragging but nothing will work.

I must be doing something wrong.

Comment

Another method of transfer

I use Windows Explorer to move my files. See if it works for you. Are you using Windows XP? If so, right click on START. Left click on EXPLORE. You will see a dual window. Click on C:>Programs>ScrapbookMax>Gallery>Images>Embellishm ent to view your images. The contents of the folder will show in the right side window. Just drag the files from right to left and dump them in a new folder in My Documents or your external hard drive folder.

If it sounds confusing, just remember the right side shows the contents of the left-sided folder you clicked on.

Hopefully, SBM will add a preferred directory to future editions of Max. It would make life so much easier.

Comment

Yes I am using xp. I'll give it a go grannywin. I may be a while digesting the instructions. Will let you know, thank you

Comment

Working...
                X