Direction needed!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Direction needed!

You guys are ALL SO CREATIVE!!!! I spend WAY to much time browsing this site just seeing what new things I can learn. I am VERY new the the SMB family and am excited to be able to partake of your creativity!!! I am dying to do something wonderful and post it to the forums! Tell me where all you ladies find these great things!?! Where do you get all the great background papers, embellishments, whatever! Do you take the pictures yourself and then turn them into embellishments, find them as freebies on the web? Buy them in packs? I just cant fathom how to even get started doing all the incredibly creative things you ladies do! please share your inspiration with me! Tell me where to start!

Thanks all for putting up with me being so new!
    Manatee25
    Don't procrastinate being happy!
    And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
    Orange Blossom- new release
    sigpic
    My SBM store

Originally posted by Manatee25 View Post
    You guys are ALL SO CREATIVE!!!! I spend WAY to much time browsing this site just seeing what new things I can learn. I am VERY new the the SMB family and am excited to be able to partake of your creativity!!! I am dying to do something wonderful and post it to the forums! Tell me where all you ladies find these great things!?! Where do you get all the great background papers, embellishments, whatever! Do you take the pictures yourself and then turn them into embellishments, find them as freebies on the web? Buy them in packs? I just cant fathom how to even get started doing all the incredibly creative things you ladies do! please share your inspiration with me! Tell me where to start!

Thanks all for putting up with me being so new!
    Manatee25

It is all of the above I think. We create, find and share!!!

Comment

Newbies are always welcome here. After all I was one till about a week ago. This community has taken me under their wing and has helped me out in so many ways......They ROCK!!!!! You will learn so much and they will walk you through what you dont understand, they are kind, compassionate and just plain Awesome!!!!

I cant speak for all of these ladies, but I get most of my things from scrapbboking sites that sell them. I also belong to quite a few forums that have freebie downloads and then of course i have purchased alot of kits. Here are a couple links to go to where you can find new things and they are all freebies!!! leave a comment though and let them know you appreciate there thoughtfulness in sharing........Hope this helps!!!

<a href="http://heather-stuff-1974.blogspot.com/">Heather's Stuff</a>

http://ikeagoddess.blogspot.com/
      Last edited by ; 03-20-2007, 12:27 PM.

Comment

I'm still a little confused
        When you get these items from a place other than SBM, how do use them in SBM - If I understand correctly unless they are smt or smb files they will not be installed in SBM and I'm not sure how to use them on a page that I am doing using SBM
        Hope that I'm making enough sense that you will know what I am talking about
        thanks
        peggy

Comment

We all know exactly what you mean Peggy...you can use other things in SBM as long as it is a jpeg or a png file..and there may be other file associations that I dont know about..you just cant install them into the program... but when you are working on a page you can click on.. for instance.. the embellishment icon and then find what ever you want to use in the file you have it in..click on it and it will open in SBM then you use it the way you want..this is what I do that is easier for me...I have all of my sb things, papers, kits, embellishments, alphabets and so on in files..when I am working on a page I open the file up in the toolbar and then drag and drop into my SBM page..it will give you the choice of opening it as an embie, a photo and so on..its really very easy..I have used many many things I have bought or freebies I have gotten in SBM...just set them up in files on your computer where you can find them and thats all you have to do..just play with the program try new things and experiment soon you will be a pro and turning out beautiful pages..we will all be waiting to see them...hope this has helped you and not confused you more..anymore questions just feel free to ask them..someone will always answer them for you..
          My Buddy's Are Crops2dawn, Sue, Eye, Eng, Smiley, Kimbob, PKDoll and Autistic Wonder

Visit my Blog http://wordstodelite.blogspot.com/

Comment

I get all the above . I had a lot of stickers that i loved and scanned them in Microsoft picture it then i delete the background by using mt magic wand and have a sticker i can use on any page i save it as what ever it is in a file. then drop and drag. also i love hug bug things as i need other things on pages . i buy a lot of kits at other places and here in the store i get add on packs. Have fun.
            Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

Thanks So Much!

Thanks ladies!!! You are all so willing to help! This gives me some good starting places! I am so excited to get started!

Tina
              Don't procrastinate being happy!
              And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
              Orange Blossom- new release
              sigpic
              My SBM store

Comment

Working...
              X