Help - Drag and Drop Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help - Drag and Drop Problem

A few weeks ago, I started using the drag and drop method to place items in my projects. The first couple of weeks, it worked well - always asked if I wanted a picture, embellishement etc.

Just this week, doing my last 2 LO's, the only thing that happens is they are copied into the project as a picture. Do want to have the choice, especially for size reasons.

Has anyone else had this happen?

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Just tried doing the drag and drop method ...... why have I not done this before? Its much much quicker. I did notice a "Do not ask me this anymore" box at the bottom, did you accidentally tick that at some point?
    Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

Choose Edit > Preferences | Environment, and uncheck the 'Automatically Create Object' checkbox, click OK.

Does that fix the problem?

Desmond.
      |

Comment

Originally posted by AmeliasMuma View Post
        Just tried doing the drag and drop method ...... why have I not done this before? Its much much quicker. I did notice a "Do not ask me this anymore" box at the bottom, did you accidentally tick that at some point?
        Originally posted by Desmond View Post
        Choose Edit > Preferences | Environment, and uncheck the 'Automatically Create Object' checkbox, click OK.

Does that fix the problem?
        Yes, Desmond, that did fix the problem. thanks. Any idea why it worked before and then stopped? Unless I did get carried away and do what Muma mentioned? Sometime, heavy and quick fingertips.

Thanks both for responding so quickly. Muma, it took me many months too to start using the method. probably had to hear a lot people talking about it before I listened.

My Buddies - pkdoll, Marion and CraftyScraps

&

Comment

Originally posted by makeyesup View Post
          Any idea why it worked before and then stopped?
          Well, that setting is either kept in a pereferences file on your system, or in the registry ... so either one of those sources became corrupted (unlikely), or you selected the 'do not ask again' option on the dialog.

If it ever happens again, though, now you know how to fix it!

Desmond.
          |

Comment

I did that same thing a while back having that box is a grate saver.
            sometimes i have one from hug wear that tells me i cant drop and drag it but i just try a few times and it will do it.
            I don't know how i could do pages with out it. i scan so many thing in to my computer for pages.
            I just did a Pooh page and used a story book for the Pooh embellishments. Will have to post when i finish it.
            Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

Originally posted by mint View Post
              I did that same thing a while back having that box is a grate saver.
              sometimes i have one from hug wear that tells me i cant drop and drag it but i just try a few times and it will do it.
              I don't know how i could do pages with out it. i scan so many thing in to my computer for pages.
              I just did a Pooh page and used a story book for the Pooh embellishments. Will have to post when i finish it.
              Look forward to seeing that Mint.

Comment

Draging and droping cuts the time to make a page 10 fold. I cant believe I never tried it. Yep you have to open property boxes n such to change opacity or add shadows etc but it is still much much faster. And yep now we know how to fix the problem if it goes wrong. Thanky Desmond.
                Sue xx

sigpic Makeyesup and Marion are my Buddies

Relax, take it easy and enjoy.

Comment

Working...
                X