computer crash problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

desmond

Desmond, thanks for all the help you have given me, can you tell me how I go about restoring the files off my flash drive onto the computer once its all set back up? Thanks.

Comment

Hello,

You restore the same way you backed up ... just copy the files /folders back to their original locations.

Desmond.
      |

Comment

thanks

Thank you for your help. I think I have it all figured out. I will have Dell do their thing tonight and then I will get busy putting everything back on.

Comment

*backs out of thread....too techie*
          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

For you *Eng*? Naw!
            |

Comment

Hey, Courtney - you sound much more relaxed about this whole thing - GREAT.

Listen, I'm no guru and I'm NOT Desmond but you should find that your Back-up Programme really only has 2 options - Back-up and Restore. If you have done 1 to back them up, do the other to restore (as long as you havn't changed their locations or renamed them etc.)

Let us all know how this goes.
              Regards,
              Terry.

P.S. Can I let go of your hand now?
              My buddies are:
              Too many to list - too valuable not to. They are... Diamonds in my Life!

Chocolate Wisdom of Life
              Life is like a box of chocolates - No matter what you end up with - they all start out sweet!

Previous Chocolate Wisdom of Life -
              Some of them are hard.
              It never seems to last long enough.
              No one wants the cruddy ones.

Comment

You best not let go on my hand yet, the last part of this whole thing might be the killer who knows. I am getting ready to call Dell now and then get the process started. Thanks for all your help and I will update as soon as things get done (or hopefully done) Courtney

Comment

desmond help!!!

Desmond, When I copied the embellishments I found it where you said under program files, SBM etc, now when I search under program files for SBM there is nothing, how do I send these back to that place??? I sent them to my documents but when I open SBM and then click on the embellishments there are not there, I have to browse and then pull them up from my documents, they are not on the side where they show up in the SBM program. How do I go about getting them back to the correct place? How do I go about adding SBM back to the program files, I downloaded the CD again and its set up. Thanks a bunch. Courtney

Comment

Hi Courtney,

Happy to hang on in moral support. If I understand correctly you have managed to get your files back onto your computer (from your thumbstick whatever) that's great - I hope I am understanding that correctly because it means they have survived the journey from PC to storage device and back to PC.

MAKE A COPY!!!. While you have them sitting there waiting for Desmond to guide you through this final step (getting them into their respective SBM locations) select them all and copy them to a new file location perhaps a new file in 'My Documents'. This is really overkill but the last thing you want is to have gotten this far and then ooopps!!!!, where have they gone???

As I say - overkill but that's what hand-holders do - better to shut the gate before the horse bolts! Once you have them back 'home' safe and warm, you can delete the duplicate files. Also, keep in mind that now you have performed a B/U and restore, B/U all your work on a regular basis it can save a great deal of distress.

Still having good thoughts for you.

Kindest regards,
                    Terry.
                    My buddies are:
                    Too many to list - too valuable not to. They are... Diamonds in my Life!

Chocolate Wisdom of Life
                    Life is like a box of chocolates - No matter what you end up with - they all start out sweet!

Previous Chocolate Wisdom of Life -
                    Some of them are hard.
                    It never seems to last long enough.
                    No one wants the cruddy ones.

Comment

Originally posted by courtney View Post
                      Desmond, When I copied the embellishments I found it where you said under program files, SBM etc, now when I search under program files for SBM there is nothing, how do I send these back to that place??? I sent them to my documents but when I open SBM and then click on the embellishments there are not there, I have to browse and then pull them up from my documents, they are not on the side where they show up in the SBM program. How do I go about getting them back to the correct place? How do I go about adding SBM back to the program files, I downloaded the CD again and its set up. Thanks a bunch. Courtney
                      Hello,

When you installed Scrapbook MAX! from the CD, did you install to the default location (ie C:\Program Files\Scrapbook MAX!)? If so, you should have a Scrapbook MAX! folder in Program Files.

Are you able to locate that?

Also, what version of the software are you running? (Click Help > About, look for something like 1.0.0.0). If you installed off the CD, there's a good chance you're not using the updated version ... and you really should be! (you can update by choosing Help > Check for Updates)

Desmond.
                      |

Comment

Ok, I stayed up most of the night last night trying to get things back in order. I did finally locate the program files/gallery but the new things I have downloaded weren't there, I did just drag them there and now they all show up as before. Things are going well now I believe, I still have some files to transfer but I about have it all done, also after reading your post I downloaded the newer version of SBM, so I am excited to see how that one works. Thanks for all your help and as I finish this project I might be asking more questions but things are going well now that I have located all things.

Comment

Working...
                        X