No announcement yet.

Am I Missing Something???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! Y'all are AWESOME!! You really make me feel at home and very welcome because of your posts. Thanks for that.

I've been told before what Granny told me above about 200 dpi vs. 200 dpi but I'd forgotten it. Therefore, I will scrapbook mostly in 200 dpi after the reminder. The reason though I was wanting to scrap in 300 dpi is because there is this website that does books and they require layouts to be sent to them in 300 dpi. I guess for those projects, I will use the higher dpi and for regular scrapbooking, the lower.

I've downloaded freebies from various other sites, but will do so from here when I get the time to dive into it. Thanks for the recommendation. Truth be known, I had discovered benefits of this program from the other I was using so I was already liking it better in the trial version.

Thanks to you all for your support. It really has made me feel much better and I promise I won't give up on this program. Like you pointed out eng, the support, warmth and friendship here beats no other. I can say I agree with that. I've been a part of several sites and never felt so welcomed as I do here. That alone, makes me want to stay. I like feeling like I can become part of such a wonderful group of people and that I too can one day help someone one day like y'all have helped me.

I look forward to getting to know everyone better.

Thanks again,
    Amy

Comment

Hi Amy, I'm also from Texas! I found this website, program, and forum, over a year ago! The program is the easiest thing I've ever tried. I agree with ENG, I can not use the other programs (PSE etc), I tried the trial versions but got so frustrated. What I did not expect with SBM was the friendships that I have made. Our group here is very close and supported in all areas of life. We've cried together, prayed together, laughed together and learn together. This is not strickly scrappin here!

You've been given the same suggestions that I would give, regarding the sharing corner and challenge areas. I had to buy an external drive and I've got that thing full now too! You will get everything you possibly need here. JUST ASK and someone will come through with what your looking for.

Well, we are glad your here and do hope you will jump in. You will get as much out of here as you want. Our imaginary town of Scrapsville is a MUST VISIT experience and we hope you will jump in there too! Watch out though, it is addictive and everyone must have a job in the town.

Onie
      sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
      !

nie

Comment

Hi there!

Thanks for checking us out - glad you're enjoying our community, too! Friendly bunch, aren't they?

If you haven't already, please do check out the What's Included section of our website as Steve suggested above and click through the various categories - you will find that thousands of elements come on the CD-ROM (148 pre-made template pages, over 150 backgrounds, over 3500 embellishments and paper scraps, and about 350 shapes). And everyone who has jumped in is right - the Sharing Forum on this site is jam-packed with freebies generously created and shared by our members. Plus you can also use kits and freebies that you find on the internet right in Scrapbook MAX!.

Also, don't forget about the Scrapbook MAX! Booster Pack Store where our own professional designers create elements, templates, etc. for use in Scrapbook MAX!. In my opinion, the program starts you off on the right track, and then you can just keep on growing with it!

Hope to see you around and hope you share your creations with us in the gallery!

Happy Scrapping!

Karin

(Thanks to Donna Thomas (autisticwonder) for the great blinkie!)
        Click here to grab your own Scrapbook MAX! banners and blinkies (scroll down to "Banners")

Comment

Welcome aboard Calcacky! I can't tell you anything different from what everyone else has already said. But I can tell you that you will not find a more friendly forum than we have here. We have formed some very unique lasting freindships here and that alone is the number one most important reason I love it here. And everyone is always so willing to help you in any way that they can. I don't care if I never scrap again (kidding of course) I will be here forever just for the interaction with the many friends that I have made here. Can't wait to see some of your LO's in the gallery!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

I am a new woman with a whole new attitude since I started this thread yesterday and it is all because of all of you. I'm totally committed to making this program all that it can be and I know y'all will be here to help me with any struggles along the way!

Oh, and now I'm off to check out scrapsville. Y'all sure have my curiousity up about that. I will do more looking around and downloading this weekend when I have more time. I'm excited now and can't wait to get started on that.

Thanks again my new friends,
            Amy

Comment

Ohhhh Amy I am soooo happy! You want regret it! Scrapville is a scaryyyyyy place! lol BEWARE lots of nutty peeps in there! But I am sure you'll fit right in!!! Just talk about what ever you want... happy, sad, mad, news to share... whatever ya feel like! We hop around that place sooo much, its very difficult to follow sometimes! So dont waste your time trying to figure it all out! Heck I cant even figure it all out! LOL
              Have fun downloading this weekend!! It will take ya a few months to get everything.... just remember it all stays there, so if ya dont wanted to put in on your computer right away, its ok to wait, it'll still be there when your ready to use it! Ok now go HAVE FUNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

Thanks crops2dawn. I don't think I will try and figure out Scrapsville. I will just jump in and go blindly. Sometimes it's better that way anyway. LOL!

Ya know what I can't figure out is how anyone gets any scrapbooking done around here! It looks like too much fun just to hang out.

Comment

Another one bites the dust!!!!!
                  sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

YEAH WE GOT HER!!!! Welcome to the insanity Amy!!! Scrapsville is LOTS-O-Fun but it is a bit confusing at times.... just catch the tail of someones elses comment and go with it! You might feel like you are drownding at first but pretty soon you will find yourself water skiing...... ok..... strange analogy... but hey! Strange is what scrapsville is all about! You will love the rest of the community too!!! SO MUCH to do in here!! Truthfully I spend more time here than I do in my program scrapping!! LOL...... But it was worth the $40 and more for the friends I have made here!!!

Glad to have ya!!
                    Tina
                    Don't procrastinate being happy!
                    And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
                    Orange Blossom- new release
                    sigpic
                    My SBM store

Comment

Originally posted by Calkacky View Post
                      Thanks crops2dawn. I don't think I will try and figure out Scrapsville. I will just jump in and go blindly. Sometimes it's better that way anyway. LOL!

Ya know what I can't figure out is how anyone gets any scrapbooking done around here! It looks like too much fun just to hang out.

Oh..I'm so glad to see you giving us a chance here!! We are a bunch of Scrapbook Addicts!! THe freebies are incredible and the links to OTHER freebies they give too!! So jump in and dish up!! Soon you will be so full..you will be turning down new stuff coming in!!

ENJOY and SO GLAD to have you!! I've got PSE and PSP but hands down..all my primary work is done in SBM..I like it so much better for making my templates..I just make my embellishments in PSE and PSP..

HUGS!!
                      donna

Comment

Cute Granny! I'm starting to get the idea you are a legend around here. Oh, and what is this story about the chocolate? We wanna know when you plan on filling us in?????

Tina--Yeah, y'all got me. I've officially joined the insanity club and so far am loving it. Y'all are just wonderful people here and if this is what insanity is like, I love it! As far as scrapville goes, the analogy of drowning is good. I think that is because I don't know everyone and their stories. However, I know one day I will be skiing, as you put it. I have to go buy me some waterski's first though. He! He!

Donna--I had to stay. Y'all are just so friendly and welcoming that it was an easy sell to get me to stay aboard the SM train.
                        I cannot wait to dive in and start downloading. My Mom is in the hospital so I have had very little free time this week. She is due to get out tomorrow (hopefully) so I should have much more time this weekend.

Happy scrappin' and chattin' y'all!

Comment

AMY!!! Hope your mom is ok!!! Hospital stays are no fun! I do hope it was for nothing to serious and that all is well!! That is another thing about Scrapsville is we all love to pray for one another. We may all be crazy but this can also be the most compassionate bunch you never thought could exist.

Oh and Granny's story has just been posted here http://www.scrapbookmax.com/forums/s...9916#post59916

Warning though... if you are a grumpy angry person and you love your chocolate you may not want to read it!! LOL!
                          Don't procrastinate being happy!
                          And don't procrastinate checking out my store!
                          Orange Blossom- new release
                          sigpic
                          My SBM store

Comment

well I do not have all that is suppose to be in this program but you know what I really do not care as the main program works and I make my own stuff now. You can have any of my stuff but yah need a bigger hard drive I like what I have. I to was disappointed but not for long Got hooked and addicted to this site ha ha. Good luck and give us a try before you say yah want to leave
                            sigpic
                            My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

Manatee
                              Thanks for the well wishes for my Mom. She suffers from a very long history of digestive problems after a severe reaction to an antibiotic. As a result she is now almost 5 years into renal (kidney) failure. However, that is stable. About once each year for the past several years her electrolytes get all out of wack causing severe weakness, unsteadiness, nausea, vomiting. The only way to get it back under control is to hospitalize her for several days and have her hooked up to an IV. For our family and her, this is just what we call a "tune up". Anyway, she is doing much better and hopefully will be at home tomorrow.

Thanks for the heads up on Granny's story. It put a smile on my face. I posted over there that I'm not much of a chocolate eater. After hearing that story, I'm glad I'm not!

Eye
                              Thanks for your post. I'm already addicted to this site. I'm not getting much scrappin' done though as I'm too busy gabbing on these boards! I look forward to collecting a lot of stuff. I do have an external hard drive and I'm ready to work on filling it up!

Comment

I bought sbm because it was so easy to use. yes i find some things in other programs that i like. but if it was only pse I would have to give up because its so hard. I envy any one that can use it.
                                I do love the drag and drop that sbm has. So I can use any backgrounds from any place I wont to.
                                Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

Working...
                                X