Templates vs Kits

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Templates vs Kits

I'd like to start another discussion... Would you rather have a template? or a kit?
    sigpic
    Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

I like both templates and kits! The thing with most of the templates so far have been to where you can adjust them to the way each individual likes so it is almost like having a kit! It's great.
    That's a great question too Steve!

Comment

hi, i like kode like both templates and kits and agree as long as i can add or make

changes so i like what i make from them i am happy.
      susannah

Comment

i prefer by far kits. having a template already laid out just blocks my creativity... the part i like most about creating a scrapbook is making a layout.
        but I guess not everyone has time to actually make a pretty l.o., so customizable templates are good also.

Comment

I like both

When i'm feeling not as creative, I love to just use a template, and when the creative juices are flwoing, bring on the kits, I say!

Comment

I like both..as long as I can change it to suit me.. I hate having something that is "someone else' BUT BY FAR I AM EXCITED WHEN I GET MY HANDS ON A "kit" I'm like a kid with a new toy

Comment

I too get very excited on finding a new KIT & would love some new ones avaialble from here, the ones I find & usually adore are usually copyrighted so we can't share them amongst our friends here,so if they were available here to change as we see fit, that would be a bonus
              I love this program,and all the templates-it has so much to offer but Kits could be another way to go

Comment

One idea I had was to take the elements previously created from a template ( i.e African Safari, etc.), add some addition elements and backgrounds, zip them up and offer them as a "kit". I'm already offering the alphas as kits (i.e "Bling", etc.)

Granny is already doing something like this on her site...
                http://scrapbookingmarket.com/wahmsi...crappinggarden

Comments?
                sigpic

Comment

Oh Yes! Yes! Yes! I would love that Steve... Fantastic

Comment

Originally posted by Moonbeam
                    Oh Yes! Yes! Yes! I would love that Steve... Fantastic
                    Ok, that's what I thought... I've got to set up some infrastructure for those kits on my website, but it's doable...
                    sigpic

Comment

Coolness personified!!

Comment

thanks steve, very thoughtful of you

Comment

I like templates, because I have no imagination as far as putting things together, but I love kits because you ca mix and match and they end up in the Max directory and are easily accessible while working.

One thought about copyright. I don't mind people using my embellishments in other templates, or sharing them with others.... As long as no one tries to turn around and claim them as their own or sell them. It takes a lot of work to do those, they are made from scratch, and sometimes it takes several programs to make. Not that they're that great, it's that I put the time and effort to make them. So as long as people don't abuse them, it's ok to share my work.

I also try to share freebies whenever I can, but I must charge for some of the work, or I'll have to bump off my rich cousing so I can feed the cat and the Chiguaguas!!!!!

Granny
                          sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

Originally posted by Granny
                            I like templates, because I have no imagination as far as putting things together, but I love kits because you ca mix and match and they end up in the Max directory and are easily accessible while working.

One thought about copyright. I don't mind people using my embellishments in other templates, or sharing them with others.... As long as no one tries to turn around and claim them as their own or sell them. It takes a lot of work to do those, they are made from scratch, and sometimes it takes several programs to make. Not that they're that great, it's that I put the time and effort to make them. So as long as people don't abuse them, it's ok to share my work.

I also try to share freebies whenever I can, but I must charge for some of the work, or I'll have to bump off my rich cousing so I can feed the cat and the Chiguaguas!!!!!

Granny
                            Yes, I agree with Granny... These items do take a lot of effort and imagination to create. Just give credit where credit is due...

I don't mid sharing, but I have a wife and two Black Labs to feed as well, so I have to charge for certain templates, especially the ones that have lots of embellishments or take a long time to construct.

BTW, If you go to a site like www.flickr.com and see a photo you like, just send an email to the owner... 99% of the time they'll let you use it! That's what I do when I need a specific type of photo. Then everybody's happy!
                            sigpic

Comment

I like kits and templates as long as I can add my personal touch lollll- but in general I love everything that you do. Clap - clap - clap for Steve (he deserve it)

Comment

Working...
                              X