Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with Templants Please

I need some help please...
    I have downloaded some cute Templants that were offered for Free..
    They are in PNG Format. How do I change it to SMT??
    So that I can Import it into Scrapbook Max....
    Im so confused.....

Thanks,
    Binkey

Binky,

Do you have a sample file you can send me so I can tell you the best way?

Steve
    sigpic
    Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

Originally posted by srussell
      Binky,

Do you have a sample file you can send me so I can tell you the best way?

Steve
      I just emailed it to you...
      Thanks,
      Binkey

Comment

Yes Steve, please do tell.
        I have been just opening the template as a photo (??)
        They are often refered to as Quick Kits or Ploppers, (ready made templates-just add photos) free downloads on some sites and for purchase on others.
        Thanks
        Lord keep your arm around my shoulders and your hand over my mouth

Comment

Well, based off the sample Binky sent me which contained a single PNG file...

If you unzip the file, you can import the PNG as an embellishment, then place the photos BEHIND it...

Does that make sense? If not, I'll post a SMT using the plopper Binky sent me...
          sigpic

Comment

Steve do u think maybe u could post the Plopper I emailed to you using SMT?
            I am still trying to figure it out... Sorry for being a Pain... lol

Comment

Binky & Cinderella

No problem... The template was a little too big to post on this forum, so you can download it here...

http://www.iireproductions.com/clien...my_Plopper.smt

Just install it and open it up in SMB and you'll see how the photos are placed behind the background as it used as an embellishment...
              sigpic

Comment

Thanks Steve Your the Best!!!!
                Hugzzzz,
                Binkey

Comment

Downloading templates from others sites to SBM

Hi from a complete novice. I downloaded free templates from other sites in .zip format, what do I do now to use it as templates in SBM? It does not come in smt, but many different types of .jpg .png. .pft etc. I tried drag and drop and I tried to install it in My documents/scrapbookmax/templates but it does not work.....I am sure this question has been asked before, but I could not find an answer. Please help me I am trying to make a scrapbook for a Christmas present.
                  Thanks
                  Linda from a sunny Greece

Comment

Loading PNG templates

ScrapbookMax instructions for templates...
                    By Andrea Gold

1. Locate the PNG folder that comes with my templates. It will contain all of the layers in PNG format. Rename this folder to something unique such as "PNG_template85".

2. Copy this renamed folder to c:/Program Files/Scrapbook Max/Gallery/Images/Shapes

2. In Scrapbookmax, create a new, blank scrapbook page.

3. Import the paper you want to use by selecting Object->Paper Scrap->Browse from the menu, locating the paper jpg file, and pressing "ok" until it is imported into your scrapbook page.

4. Stretch the paper out to make sure it is the full size of the scrapbook page.

3. Double click on the paper and then under "Options" check the box "Custom Shape" and then click on the "Change Shape" button.

4. You should see the PNG folder folder that you renamed listed in the window on the left. Click on it and you will see the layers of the template in the right window.

5. Choose the template layer you want your paper to be cropped to and press "OK" on this screen and the next screen. It is best to start with the background layer.

6. Your paper should now be cropped to the template layer shape and should also be in the correct position.

7. Repeat from step #3 for each layer until you reach the top layer of the template. With stitching layers, or any other layers that you plan to use "as is" and not crop to paper, you can import those as an embellishment and position them where you want them.

This also works with the PNGs offered at The Template Club, http://thetemplateclub.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
                    X