Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Photoshop and Brushes

Hi Everyone!

I haven't posted one question to date that hasn't been answered perfectly, so I have one more (for right now, at least), but this one is a toughy:

I purchased some "brushes" on-line from 2 Peas in a Bucket not realizing that's what they were. I only have Photoshop 5.5. Does anyone know if I can use these brushes with that program? And if so, how? When I open a brush in any other program, it comes up as a black square that I can't remove. When I bring a brush up in 5.5 and try to remove the black square, it freezes the program and I have to exit.

Thanks loads!
    Marti

Clueless, sorry Marti! Hope some one else will come to your rescue.

Comment

Hi Marti, I am not sure if you can use the brushes in photoshop 5.5 but when you are using a brush, see if there is an arrow(in mine~ its blue) then, at the bottom it says load brushes...click that on, then wherever you put the brushes , go there and load them, they should appear with your other brushes, dont save them there either, the more stuff you save in there the slower it gets!

My Buddies: Jazz, Smile, Sue, Eng and Eye "CHILLS", Poppabob, PKdoll, Onie, Pickngrin

Comment

Brushes on Photoshop 5.5

Thanks, everyone! It appears that Photoshop 5.5 has some ability to create brushes, and to load them too, but I don't see a blue arrow anywhere and am still unable to remove the black box around the brush images I purchased. Maybe I'll write to the designer again (I did once, but got no answer) at 2 Peas and see if I'm truly out of luck. If so, at least I only spent $8 - it won't break the bank!

Oh, and interestingly, in 5.5 I can create a brush image, but haven't figured out how to make it narrow in some places and wider in others. Without that ability, the brush doesn't look very professional.

Comment

The probelm with brushes. Some are made for other photo shopes. What might work in a 3 may not work in the 4. I have seen some for the 7 but would not work in the 3 that I had. So you may be out of luck.
          sigpic
          My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

Brushes

Yep, I think you're right. Well, I certainly learned something and the info you shared was good for me to know. Thanks a lot!

Comment

Working...
            X