X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChristineS
    • Jul 2007

instant glamour with Scrapbook Max

I first learned this technique with Adobe Photoshop Elements but it's equally easy and effective in Scrapbook Max! This is a way to add a dreamy/glamorous look to your photos without having to open them in a separate photo editor. You can see in the before picture that (understandably), I look a little ragged after giving birth to our sixth daughter. (I have looked MUCH worse, actually)

But look at how much nicer my skin looks after a quick digital glam treatment (and even at LOW resolution!)--

Wanna know how to do it!!??
    It's easy. First crop your photo as desired. Next make a copy of it (edit->copy) and paste the copy in to your layout (edit->paste)

Now, move it aside a little bit so you can select it (click on it) AND the original (hold down your shift key while you click on the first copy)

Next, we want the copy and the original exactly lined up so use align->top, followed by align->left. If needed, drag the pair back into position.

Now, click somewhere outside the photo to deselect the pair and click once on the photo to select the top copy.

Now, we will blur the top copy - effects->blur
    next, convert that copy to B&W - effects->greyscale
    finally, reduce the opacity so the original shows through: double-click on the greyscale photo and move the opacity slider to the left. The farther to the right, you go, the less noticeable the effect.

You can make further adjustments by popping up the color saturation on the color photo, changing the brightness/contrast on the B&W layer (or by making it sepia or another color) or by using the advanced blur where you more control over how the blur works.

HAVE FUN!!
    Christine Smith
    Digital Designer
    my designs: now available in the SBM! Store

• Jenna's mommy
    Digi Sage
    • Jul 2007

thank you this is pretty neat and a nice tip
    Wolvsie, Eye, Tiffany scraps and Smile are my buddies.:cool

Comment

• Granny
      MAX! Mastermind
      • Mar 2006

You're baby is adorable, Christine, and you look way too young to have six daughters. Congratulations to you both, and thank you for sharing the tip with us.

sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

• sacannon
        MAX! Mastermind
        • Aug 2006

Thanks for the tip! (6 daughters??...wow) Congrats
        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

• *eng*
          MAX! Mastermind
          • Apr 2006

Well I think you look amazing after 6 daughters without a touch up!
          My BUDDIES Crops, Eye, Jazz, Smile, Sue, Rosana,twpclerk, Moonlightpearl and Vanessa

Comment

• ChristineS
            • Jul 2007

you girls are SO nice, LOL. Not long ago, we had a group photo taken with all 6 of the girls. My eldest daughter was holding the baby (she LOVES babies) and she looks a lot older than 14 so a few people thought SHE was the mom and then they thought I looked DARN good, ROFL.

But seriously -- I just grabbed the first photo I could find to do the glam demo -- try it yourself
            Christine Smith
            Digital Designer

Comment

• Marion
              MAX! Mastermind
              • Feb 2006

Good idea, I will try that. I am always looking for ways to make myself look better

Comment

• mh51
                Scrap Guru
                • Jul 2006

Great tip Christine & very well explained.

Comment

• mint
                  Layout Whiz
                  • Oct 2006

Well I like the first one. but will give the tip a try just to see what happens. but you need more pink in that other one couse you look pale. Beautiful baby. 6 girls do you have any boys.
                  Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

• ChristineS
                    • Jul 2007

wow, I have shared this tip in a LOT of places and nobody has ever had a negative reaction. It's just a sample of a photo treatment that can be done. You can pay big bucks to have this done at a photography studio with well-shot professional portraits to simply impart a different ambience to your photograph. I did quick low-resolution screen shots just to provide an example of what the photo treatment delivers. It's supposed to be a bit etheral and dreamy -- not a fully realistic look. When incorporated into a layout with that theme, it really helps carry the look and communicate a different idea than a straight photo.
                    Christine Smith
                    Digital Designer

Comment

• pkdoll
                      Scrap Guru
                      • Dec 2006

Christine that is so very nice of you to give us such a useful tip!!! Love the idea of being able to do that right in SBM. I truly appreciate the tip-thank you so much!!!!

My Buddies are Marion, Kimbob, Jazziel (RIP), Wolvsie35, Crops2dawn, Makeyesup, Kazr, Moonfairy, Moonlightpearl, and scrappyaggie48

Comment

• wolvsie35
                        MAX! Mastermind
                        • Apr 2007

Yes Christine, I would have to agree with pkdoll as well...Thank you...Wonderful tip and in a layout like you suggested it does do wonders...I have naturally rosey cheeks and hate it to death...this kind of takes the red away and makes it look like a faded pink when I tweek it a little...Thanks bunches...
                        I am a Designer 4 ScrapbookMax! Check out my STORE...Thanks!

Comment

• angelwithin
                          MAX! Mastermind
                          • Nov 2006

its an excellent tip Christine and you look fabulous in both pics ...wish id looked as good as that after giving birth

An Exclusive Scrapbook Max designer
                          , Check out my store
                          Here

"If you look around and think the world is missing something, it is probably the gift you were supposed to be bringing."

Comment

• MaggieMae
                            Digi Sage
                            • May 2006

Thank you so much for the well-explained tip! I had no idea I could do something like this in SBM! I'm so glad you've come out of lurkdom!!!
                            Julie

Comment

• mint
                              Layout Whiz
                              • Oct 2006

Oh sweetie don't get me wrong its a grate tip. I gave it a try and does work grate. I just happen to like the first picture best. Has nothing to do with the tip. I'm so sorry if you thought it did. I take all the tips I can get.
                              Mint

buddies are- angelwithin

Comment

Working...
                              X