Future Updates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Future Updates

With the future updates of Scrapbook Max, will people who already have the program be able to get the "upgrade" option, or will we have to buy the whole thing over again, like in some software?

Just been wondering this lately, as there's been a lot of talk with new things that are in the works.

Hi Jezza. We release two types of updates. Regular "point" updates (like from 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 or from 1.2 to 1.3) which are free, such as when we added the CD and hi-res printing. In that case all existing owners received the new update when it came out. We have a great history of point releases. We use this to add features, streamline performance, and fix any little bugs which you guys report.

The other type of upgrade is an occasional "major version" upgrade such as from 1.0 to 2.0 or 2.0 to 3.0. These are not free, but existing owners do receive a special offer to upgrade (right when it comes out) for a cost lower than buying the full version. That's fair considering how much work goes into these sort of upgrades. Basically behind the scenes is a team of programmers, designers, office management, etc. and that has to keep rolling somehow. Anyhow major version releases are inexpensive and they offer significant value because they tend to add multiple new features, etc.

Hope that helps.
    Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

That sounds fair

A real upgrade to any program usually costs something but not as much as buying the new version. Your approach sounds very fair.
      Julie

Comment

You know us, we're always fair. We make sure that we never inadvertently penalize our loyal customers. No matter what the future may bring you can be confident that we'll always pack lots of value into every single offering.
        Scrapbook MAX! is the fun and easy digital scrapbooking software for Windows. Download a free trial version at .

Comment

Absolutely!
          Julie

Comment

Oh thats very fair sounding to me

And with the programme as good as it is now, it can only get much better in the future versions! bring it on I say

Comment

Thanks for the kind words Jezza.

Comment

I agree

very fair... and the program is worth it ....thank you again ...
                Happy scrapping !

Comment

In that case,can't wait for next major upgrade
                  Just curious, for a major upgrade,will that be available in another CD format? my poor puter & dial up modem are working overtime lately LOL, & the CD approach is so much easier,especially for such large files-does everyone else get as excited as me when we think something new is in progress ?

Comment

Major updates are usually something like 18 months apart, but don't hold me to that. And it it definitely possible that new content will be part of the next version although it's hard to say. We're still trying to get this version perfected first.

As always though we'll work with you to figure something out that will work for you. One way or another we'll get that upgrade out to you even if Desmond has to swim to Australia with a CD clenched in his teeth.

Comment

As always thanks Corey,although not sure Desmond will be as gracious in the thanks department LOL.
                      Thank goodness for International Post
                      I already think this program is the best, so any improvements in further upgrades are a huge bonus.
                      Long live SBM!

Comment

Desmond never passes up a chance to show off his knees.

Comment

As long as he doesn't turn up in his speedo's EEK!!!!
                          Hurray for Board Shorts

Comment

You know, you blink and suddenly everyone's talking about speedo's

I know that SBM makes for some fast scrapbooking, but donning a speedo as you scrap is crossing the line...

Karin

Comment

When is next major upgrade?

You said major upgrades are about 18 months apart. How long has it been since the last major upgrade? And how long do you anticipate until the next major upgrade? I just bought my software last week. Even though we would get a reduced price, I'm not thrilled at the thought of having to pay soon for a major upgrade, just to keep current. Is there a grace period after our initial purchase in which we would get a major upgrade free if it comes out in that time?

Comment

Working...
                              X