Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's The Difference between WinZip & RAR??

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by O2BNGdHope View Post
    Ok. Now I'm lost. I downloaded the 7zip. I have 4 different rar files that I downloaded to my desktop and then found out I couldn't open them with my windows unzipper. Now, I don't understand how to open the rar files to extract the files inside. When I click on them they say windows can't open them. It lets me select a program to open it with but the 7zip isn't listed (nor is the regular zip extractor). I went into 7zip but couldn't figure out how to bring the rar file in to un-rar it? Any help?
    If winzip or 7zip does not come up as a choice, you will have to browse for the program in your files.
    Also rather then clicking on "open" file, try right clicking on it, drop down and 7zip should be listed as a option.

Comment

Yea, Marion! There it was. The right clicking worked great. Thanks a bunch!
      Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

thanks to hope and all of you I can open these to....thanks lots to all!!!

Comment

I found a free program called WinRar on the net that worked great to open a RAR file.

Comment

can someone tell me if these programs work okay with vista as I also need a program to extract rar files

My buddies are Angelwithin, omajo, babylicious36, all my memories. and Angle

Comment

Thank you all so much for your help on RAR files. I am very new to digi scrapping and I think I did great getting Scrapbook Max! to start off with, I AM LOVING IT!!
              I was not able to get some very pretty layouts with the RAR files, but now thanks to you all, I can.
              I have quite a few questions, have been finding some of the answers here on the forums. Will probably be checking out more before I bombard you with all my questions!! lol
              Thank you again for your help and by the way, you will see this is my first post, so I hope I did everything right!!
              Happy Scrappin'! Susie

My Buddies are
              *eng*, EclecticDiva, fourfoxes, LindaPete, O2BNGdHope,
              Pink Lollipop, Tiffanys Scraps, Autistic Wonder,
              OnieRN, Moonlightpearl, LindaPete

Comment

Originally posted by twpclerk View Post
                Thank you again for your help and by the way, you will see this is my first post, so I hope I did everything right!!
                You did great! And love your picture avatar. I like seeing people's faces. I might have to get a picture of me on mine. I've tired of looking at that big, round, bug-eyed avatar. But then no one would recognize me LOL! Can't wait to see more of you on the threads. Welcome to the "fun house".
                Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

Working...
                X