No announcement yet.

Very Fustrated Please help/advise-

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Granny, have you been into the Mojitos again?
    Melanie

In case I go missing call Moonlightpearl, Granny, twpclerk or Smile! Then have them call Crops because we're probably together at the Yoville Races!

Comment

Who... me?
      sigpic

Marion , Steve, Moonbeam, Ladybug, Wolvsie, Fourfoxes, Vanessa, PinkLollipop and Winnie49 are my buddies!!!

Please visit my Max Store

Comment

One thing I have learned is that sometimes new users think they have all the programs turned off and only one is running but sometimes there are some sneaky ones in the background running. One big hint that something in the back ground is running is extra icons by your clock. Usually right clicking on them and choosing close or exit will shut them down until the nex time you reboot. Another hint you have extra stuff running is when you 1st turn on your computer some programs like yahoo chat, weather bug ect automatacially start up for you. Some smart computer user can tell you how to stop that from happening. It involves msconfig and unchecking start up items and rebooting. But some stuff you are not suspose to uncheck and I am not sure what they all are. Hopefully someone smarter then I am can give you more details on how to do it. My son comes over once in a while and does it for me because sometimes those sneaky programs sneak back in to the start up thing.

Just my 2 cents, Jo

Comment

Originally posted by workingjo3 View Post
          One thing I have learned is that sometimes new users think they have all the programs turned off and only one is running but sometimes there are some sneaky ones in the background running. One big hint that something in the back ground is running is extra icons by your clock. Usually right clicking on them and choosing close or exit will shut them down until the nex time you reboot. Another hint you have extra stuff running is when you 1st turn on your computer some programs like yahoo chat, weather bug ect automatacially start up for you. Some smart computer user can tell you how to stop that from happening. It involves msconfig and unchecking start up items and rebooting. But some stuff you are not suspose to uncheck and I am not sure what they all are. Hopefully someone smarter then I am can give you more details on how to do it. My son comes over once in a while and does it for me because sometimes those sneaky programs sneak back in to the start up thing.

Just my 2 cents, Jo
          OK, I'm tired of these sneaky things sneaking up on me! I didn't give them permission!!! I have to "reboot" them right out of here!

My buddies are OnieRN, Winnie49, Granny

Comment

BTW... If you handle your RAM from your computer, make sure you touch another piece of grounded metal first (like the computer case, etc.) to discharge any static electricity that you may have built up. Static electricity is one of the RAM's deadlist enemies...

Also, It's a good idea to transport the RAM dimm in some sort of static-free bag...

Steve's tech tip of the day...
            sigpic
            Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
            My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

Comment

Yes!!

Steve really has reason,
              In them we are one exelente source of discharge for ours wanted friends PCS, heheehhe
              Therefore they are taken care of girls!
              Thanks Steve!

Comment

welcome back Rosana, good to see you in the threads again!

And Steve, I'm not sure I'll be getting close enough to touch any of those RAMS!

My buddies are OnieRN, Winnie49, Granny

Comment

Have yiou tried writting Desmond.He is great at helping.Just go to members above look for d and he is in there.He is smart great and of coarse a cutie---right Desmond.
                  sigpic
                  My Buddies -- Sue, Smiles, Jazzereal, Eng, Crops, Terry & Wolvsie35 , Onie, Marion, Jenna's Mommy, All My Memories, Winnie49, Tiffanys Scraps, Grannywin,emst

Comment

Working...
                  X