• Kimmyann
    replied
    Your Very Welcome!! Glad to Help

Leave a comment:

• Fairy Godmother
    replied
    Originally posted by Kimmyann View Post
    Is this what your needing?

I made this with SMB using Black + White Tiles and a rectangle and a square.

Click on the attachment, once it opens bigger, right click and save in your personal file,

To use it, open paper, click browse in shape pop up box and go to your shape folder you saved it in.
    AWESOME!!! This is exactly what I am trying to do. THANK you soooo much!!!

Leave a comment:

• Kimmyann
    replied
    Ribbon

Is this what your needing?

I made this with SMB using Black + White Tiles and a rectangle and a square.

Click on the attachment, once it opens bigger, right click and save in your personal file,

To use it, open paper, click browse in shape pop up box and go to your shape folder you saved it in.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Fairy Godmother
    replied
    Here is an image with an example: Scroll down to the picture that is titled: " 2016 September Visiting Teaching Message". If you look at the ribbon at the bottom right corner it has the cut that I am trying to learn to make. Hopefully, this helps

www.pinkpolkadotcreations.com

Leave a comment:

• Fairy Godmother
    replied
    Sorry it takes me a while to get back to messages. I'm not really used to using SBM forums. Usually when I ask a question, I forget to go back to it.

Ok, as far as your advice on using the eraser tool. This doesn't allow me to create a perfectly straight cut. For something like cutting a string it works fine. But if I want to create a specific tag out of a paper it doesn't work, at least not for me. I tried it but I can't keep it precise and sharp. Hopefully that makes sense to you. I think I said what I was needing incorrectly. It's not a ribbon that I am starting out with. What I want to make a cut into is a sheet of paper, but cutting the end of it like a ribbon. When you wrap Christmas packages and attach a ribbon to it, you don't leave the ribbon with a blunt cut. Typically you cut the end of it like the letter "V". Sorry about not being clear enough.Any other ideas??

I will try to remember to come back tomorrow and see what you think.
    Thank you so much.

Leave a comment:

• Kimmyann
    replied
    I used the eraser tool to make this tag look like the string is going through the hole on it.

Leave a comment:

• Kimmyann
    replied
    I would use the eraser tool also to change the edge of a ribbon.

How to get to eraser tool......

Click on object you want to erase a part of. Once it has been selected, right click, in that box you will see Eraser. You can play with the settings. Round or square.... soft are sharp edges
    Last edited by Kimmyann; 09-03-2016, 06:22 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Karin
    replied
    Hello!

I'm wondering if this is a job for the eraser tool - have you tried that? You can simply click on the embellishment (ribbon) you want to 'cut', then click on the eraser icon in the tool bar. This will let you swipe the eraser across the bottom at an angle (or however you want to remove parts of the image) - then save it and add it to your page.

I hope that helps - let me know if I've understood what you're after!

Karin

Leave a comment:

• Fairy Godmother
    started a topic Changing edges

Changing edges

I have ribbons in my kits that I have bought and put into SBM. These ribbons that I want to change are the long straight ones. What I want to do is cut one end of them to look like the ribbon that we attach to our Christmas packages. Sort of like a "V". Hope that helps. Could someone tell me how to do this? I've been trying to figure a lot of things out on my own because SBM does not tell you how to do this.

Thank you
Working...
X