Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Birthday Music

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by spanielmom View Post
    Why did SBM pick a file type that isn't common for the common folk? Why didn't they pick a format like MP3 since it is so popular? Everything else is so easy on SBM you would have thought they would have made that part easy also.
    Its a little more complicated than that... MP3 requires an additional license to distribute.
    sigpic
    Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

    Comment


    • #17
      AUDACITY - The Free, Cross-Platform Sound Editor - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

      From my son...he uses this all the time...it's FREE and it DOES work to convert your music files to OGG format -- I just tried it and it was fantastic! Hope this helps you all!
      Diana


      Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by knzus View Post
        AUDACITY - The Free, Cross-Platform Sound Editor - http://audacity.sourceforge.net/

        From my son...he uses this all the time...it's FREE and it DOES work to convert your music files to OGG format -- I just tried it and it was fantastic! Hope this helps you all!
        Thank you! Just what we are looking for...
        sigpic
        Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
        My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

        Comment


        • #19
          Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

          Originally posted by srussell View Post
          Onie, I assume you're looking for something instrumental? I have written and payed TONS of western background music ("Frontierland" in Disneyland)
          Think "Red River Valley"...

          I've also played dozens of contempory cover songs which I can covert into OGG files and you don't have to worry about copyright issues.

          Let me know which one(s) you want, I'll convert them and send you a link where you can download them.

          Listen here...
          STEVE!!!!! You are multi-talented...OMIGOSH!!! I DID love Country when Country wasn't cool...the kids made fun of me until I found out which Country songs were adapted to popular...that showed them!!! I was a teenager in the early fifties...;o) My fav of all time is Eddie Arnold...if you sang any of his this gal would melt!!!

          Looove your music...Thanks for the link...;o)

          Comment


          • #20
            In a previous life, I was a road musician... I used to play a mean banjo, fiddle, piano, guitar, bass , whatever... Yeeha! I just do occassional studio work now. Enjoy the clips and used them however you want.
            sigpic
            Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
            My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

            Comment


            • #21
              Hey, Steve -- Wow, awesome, Steve!!! Can you do "Amazing Grace" sounding like bagpipes? How about "Scotland the Brave" in bagpipes? Huh huh huh? I would even pay you do that for me! Huh huh huh? Or even anything Scottish/Gaelic.
              Last edited by knzus; 03-04-2007, 10:30 PM.
              Diana


              Be good to your favorite designer (I used to be one!) by LETTING THEM KNOW how much you appreciate their work!

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by srussell View Post
                In a previous life, I was a road musician... I used to play a mean banjo, fiddle, piano, guitar, bass , whatever... Yeeha! I just do occassional studio work now. Enjoy the clips and used them however you want.
                Take us back! Take us back!!! ;o)

                So you know who Eddie Arnold is...was??? I have some old 33 1/2 of his music...also some of the of the other waaay older singers. I transferred a lot to disc...if it's legal I may be able to zip and send...I'm not too clear on the legal stuff...but I have lots of old stuff...Big Band...all the way to Opera...;o)

                Anyway...I downloaded most of your music at your site...deeply appreciate it all...;o)))

                Comment


                • #23
                  wow both of you - i am going to send you my RSI bill

                  really thanks a lot for sharing

                  (gee Steve, i guess you are not just a scrapbooky man or other wierd stuff that pops into ones head).

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by wonas View Post
                    wow both of you - i am going to send you my RSI bill

                    really thanks a lot for sharing

                    (gee Steve, i guess you are not just a scrapbooky man or other wierd stuff that pops into ones head).
                    Thanks, appreciate that... Yes, I can be a little weird, but not too much worse than anyone else around here LOL

                    BTW, BMI/ASCAP only charges royalties when money changes hands... Since these are original performances (by me) and there's no money involved, you're out of luck! Same thing in any club or public place where there's a band or jukebox.
                    Last edited by srussell; 03-05-2007, 06:21 PM.
                    sigpic
                    Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
                    My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Nancy72 View Post
                      Take us back! Take us back!!! ;o)

                      So you know who Eddie Arnold is...was??? I have some old 33 1/2 of his music...also some of the of the other waaay older singers. I transferred a lot to disc...if it's legal I may be able to zip and send...I'm not too clear on the legal stuff...but I have lots of old stuff...Big Band...all the way to Opera...;o)

                      Anyway...I downloaded most of your music at your site...deeply appreciate it all...;o)))
                      All that stuff is more than likely performances by the original artist, so you probably don't want to share those...

                      And yes, I remember Eddie Arnold, Patty Page, Patzy Cline, Hank Williams, Ray Charles, etc. All amazingly-talented artists in their day. Played all their music.

                      Steve
                      sigpic
                      Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
                      My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Incrediable Steve

                        Thank you Thank you Thank you, Steve!!! I love the music!!!! The sound of the music and the singing are wonderful. Is that really you singing??? I'm so impressed! WOW Oh my. I tested out one of the songs (When the Sun Goes Down) then opened in Audacity (Thanks Kansas) then exported it to OCC. Now will play with it inside SBM. I do need your advise here.

                        Do I do it as a DVD or CD? I want the layouts and the music. After I get the music in the book, I think I need to publish it but publish to what?

                        Onie
                        sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

                        My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                        !


                        nie

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by OnieRN View Post
                          Thank you Thank you Thank you, Steve!!! I love the music!!!! The sound of the music and the singing are wonderful. Is that really you singing??? I'm so impressed! WOW Oh my. I tested out one of the songs (When the Sun Goes Down) then opened in Audacity (Thanks Kansas) then exported it to OCC. Now will play with it inside SBM. I do need your advise here.

                          Do I do it as a DVD or CD? I want the layouts and the music. After I get the music in the book, I think I need to publish it but publish to what?

                          Onie
                          You welcome, Onie... and yes, that's really me singing all the parts and playing all the instruments.

                          I think you can only publish from SBM as a Video-CD (that may play in your DVD player hooked up to your TV).. There is no DVD support as of yet. I haven't tried those functions in SBM as of yet...
                          sigpic
                          Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
                          My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Love your instrumentals (not that I don't like your voice of course) I have a lot of music by a artist named Gnomusy (David Caballero) Some of your sounds remind me of his.
                            It is all done on a synthesizer.
                            I have used a lot of his music as background music on Slideshows and VCD etc.

                            One of my favorites is "Alexandra"

                            http://www.gnomusy.com/

                            He has some free downloads on his site....

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Steve....

                              Some how your voice doesn't match your gator on here LOL.

                              Well, I listened to all the songs, except a couple are no longer available. They are great and thank you for sharing them with us. I do plan to test out SBM on CD with your songs! I know it will make a nice gift for my parents. Just wish me luck on getting it all together. I haven't heard of anyone who has been doing that yet.
                              sigpic OWNER OF THE B&B in SCRAPSVILLE

                              My Buddies are Maggie Mae, Knzus,Gotart, Patty, Mom7911, Winnie49, JAMIEPT, TWPClerk, and Poppabob
                              !


                              nie

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Originally posted by Marion View Post
                                Love your instrumentals (not that I don't like your voice of course) I have a lot of music by a artist named Gnomusy (David Caballero) Some of your sounds remind me of his.
                                It is all done on a synthesizer.
                                I have used a lot of his music as background music on Slideshows and VCD etc.

                                One of my favorites is "Alexandra"

                                http://www.gnomusy.com/

                                He has some free downloads on his site....
                                Yes, I've heard of David... he's very good. I have played all sorts of styles, including some that do sound a lot like him...

                                Steve Fun Fact of The Day: Musician for over 30 years, but did not attended his first concert until about 4 years ago. How weird is that! Too busy playing music on the weekends!
                                sigpic
                                Visit my aisle in the SBM store!
                                My buddies are Granny, Moonbeam and Wolvsie35!

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X