Help needed with cleaning up a picture

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help needed with cleaning up a picture

Could anybody maybe help me to clean up this picture and make it suitable to use in a layout?I don't know which program to use maybe someone could point me in the right direction or be so kind to do it for me.
    Attached Files

Did you just want it made transparent? If so here it is.
    Attached Files
    [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

Thanx a million sacannon

Thanx so much for your help,I really appreciate it!What program should I use to make it transparent?I'm using Adobe ImageReady CS2,but sometimes it erases part of the picture that I don't want erased or am I doing it wrong?

Comment

I use Adobe Photoshop Elements. I use the magic wand then clear the area. Some times I also have to use the Magic Eraser afterwards.
        [SIGPIC][SIGPIC][IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Trudie Botha View Post
          I'm using Adobe ImageReady CS2,but sometimes it erases part of the picture that I don't want erased or am I doing it wrong?
          I use Adobe Photoshop 6, but all the Adobe products seem to be similar in basic operation.

The magic wand selects anything with a similar color. Before you click on the delete button, you need to make sure only what you want deleted is selected. If you have a white background next to a white-like element, you have to delete some of the white around the element before you can continue. I like to use a big round eraser and a magnified view when I do this for better control. It works best if you cutout the entire frame and paste it into a new transparent document before starting. Then erase the color and the transparent pattern will replace the color.

Hang in there! Adobe products are worth the learning curve.

Comment

Originally posted by grannywin View Post
            I use Adobe Photoshop 6, but all the Adobe products seem to be similar in basic operation.

The magic wand selects anything with a similar color. Before you click on the delete button, you need to make sure only what you want deleted is selected. If you have a white background next to a white-like element, you have to delete some of the white around the element before you can continue. I like to use a big round eraser and a magnified view when I do this for better control. It works best if you cutout the entire frame and paste it into a new transparent document before starting. Then erase the color and the transparent pattern will replace the color.

Hang in there! Adobe products are worth the learning curve.
            0hhhhh granny I so hope your right about hanging in there! I've had my Adobe for almost a year and I'm still frazzled when I use it But I keep plugging.

Comment

Here is a link for you, Wickel. It might help the frazzles. I subscribed for free to a 8 session course that is emailed each week to you. I felt I knew the basics of Photoshop but I learned something new each lesson. I am only at five right now. I have to admit, this scrapbooking gave me the incentive to learn more about the program.

http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pho.../bllps5out.htm

Comment

Working...
              X